Barton Lidicé Beneš’s greatest work of art, his New York studio apartment,
will be recreated in the North Dakota Museum of Art as the Museum’s first period room:
A Twenty-first Century Artist’s Studio.
We need your help in moving this wondrous installation to North Dakota.
The apartment will be dismantled piece by piece and transported to North Dakota – but only with the help of legions of friends and strangers. Help us fill our Tim Prythero truck that is bringing the work west.
Become the sponsor of individual works or join others to jointly support the gold weight collection, the Chinese Opium Chamber, or the rebuilding of the kitchen.
- First tour the apartment.
- Move on to the gallery of objects needing a sponsor.
- Make your choice for either a single work or a joint sponsorship.
- Click on artist Tim Prythero’s truck to move the work to North Dakota.
- You will be automatically directed to the page where you can complete the contribution process. Your gift will be to the North Dakota Museum of Art and thus is fully tax exempt.
Continue to watch this Barton Lidicé Beneš web site to see the money come in and plans evolve to reinstall Barton’s apartment in a new Museum space in North Dakota.